About the role
Balfour Beatty is currently recruiting for a Senior Planner to join our preconstruction team in Motherwell. You will be joining a team of 6 Planners with responsibility for multi million pound tenders working on central belt construction projects.
Project values range from GBP5m to GBP200m predominantly in the residential, commercial and education sectors. Although this is a busy role working across several projects, you will form part of an established and experienced team.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Planner, you will be:
- Responsible at tender stage to the Planning Lead, Bid Manager and project lead for the range of activities involved in the project planning life cycle;
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance;
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements;
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme;
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agree working hours with appropriate Estimator;
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning;
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports;
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues;
- Providing support, as required to the BIM Co-ordinators to meet the project requirements or tender submission deliverables;
- Setting up appropriate lean visual programme to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Operational experience (ie site engineer/agent) together with previous significant experience of planning services in medium to large size construction projects
- Experience of working in the construction sector on major projects (GBP100m+)
- Proficiency in the use of planning techniques and the required planning software (P6 or Asta, both would be an advantage)
- An understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications including JCT, NEC or bespoke forms of Construction Contracts;
- An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay or change entitlement;
- An understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications;
- An understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring;
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming;
- An understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, extensions of time and relevant events or similar under a contract;
- An understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements;
- A relevant CSCS Card;
- An OND/HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professional membership of one or more of the : RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.