- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Senior Management
- Location: Motherwell
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14169
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our Substations - Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Maxim, Scotland.
To lead and manage the winning of a number of projects in accordance with the Power T&D Strategic Plan. Responsible for the overall profit and loss of a complex project(s) whilst ensuring the highest standards of safety, sustainability, environmental and quality are implemented..To maintain a collaborative working environment which ensures client, internal and other stakeholders requirements are effectively managed and employees feel motivated and engaged to deliver.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Project Manager, your main accountabilities are as follows:
- Work collaboratively with the Contract Managers and ELT to deliver Power T&D strategic objectives and enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business
- Planning, controlling and managing the delivery of projects utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
- Instil a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project teams to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership
- Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance
- Lead on developing a high performance culture of one team
- Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it
- Project management of the tender process to deliver tenders successfully and encourage constantly seeking out talent for the future
- Day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required:
- Proven experience at Management Level
- Experience of Management and Delivery Substation schemes up to 400kV preferable
- Strong People Management
- Proven track record in tendering and managing complex projects, including sub-contractors
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.