We're looking for a Maintenance Controller for our vehicle management department at Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time, 3 week rotational night shift pattern:
Week 1: Monday & Thursday 7.00pm - 7.00am and Saturday 6.00pm - 8.00am.
Week 2: Tuesday 7.00pm - 7.00am, Friday 7.00am - 8.00pm and Sunday 8.00am - 6.00pm.
Week 3: Wednesday 7.00pm - 7.00am, Saturday 8.00am - 6.00pm and Sunday 6.00pm - 7.00am.
About the role
Arnold Clark Vehicle Management offers a maintenance and breakdown service to business customers who encounter problems while they're out on the road. As a Maintenance Controller, you will ideally have experience as a vehicle maintenance technician, with strong communication skills and a polite telephone manner.
The ability to stay calm under pressure and find efficient solutions to problems is required for this varied office-based, administrative role.
- Dealing with customer concerns via telephone and advising on problems relating to their vehicle.
- Monitoring the maintenance of all vehicles and authorising repairs where appropriate.
- Inputting customer details accurately into our internal systems.
- Processing invoices for payment.
- Reacting to potentially stressful situations using a calm and common sense approach.
- Reporting any concerns you encounter during fleet control.
- Previous experience working on a service reception or workshop control.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- A calm, clear and polite telephone manner.
- Able to react quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- Good computer literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Previous experience as a time-served technician.
The ideal candidate will enjoy one of the best employee benefit packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, generous discounts on new and used cars, and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.