Job profile summary:
Global Subsea Systems supports projects to deliver subsea hardware, including subsea wellheads, trees, manifolds and connectors, umbilical and flexible risers and control systems. GSS also supports the development and application of subsea technology and the provision of subsea aftermarket services.
GSS are supporting multiple projects and operations in the North Sea. Reporting to the GSS Controls System Manager the North Sea Control team lead be responsible for the engineering and delivery (specification, design, procurement, verification, manufacturing, validation) of subsea production system hardware and services, specifically subsea controls systems. In addition to subsea control and instrumentation hardware, the control systems scope includes the engineering and delivery of subsea related topside hardware and control system software. The role will include:
- Provide leadership in demonstrating BP’s commitment to our GHSER policy of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment
- Performance manage control systems team working on multiple projects.
- Performance manage equipment suppliers for assigned subsea controls packages
- Interface management between suppliers, BP functional teams (Project teams, S&OR, PSCM, HSSE, Quality etc)
- Execution of scope delivery within the agreed cost and schedule targets, including rigorous management of change.
- Responsible for the assurance of the design of the subsea control system and that the equipment meets the requirements of the project basis of design, functional specifications, and the applicable GSS specifications.
- Management of the scope of supply, including rigorous scope management of change, including action closure associated to the MOC, e.g. concessions, deviations, variation orders, and risks.
- Work with SPS supplier were required by the project to bring any technical issues related to the subsea control equipment to resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of BP technical assurance process e.g. Design reviews, TRAP, etc. for the subsea control equipment in scope.
- Support GSS Processes as established (Risk Reviews and management, MOC process, Interface Process, Document Review process, Clarifications and Deviations Process).
- Identify and manage risk associated the engineering and delivery subsea controls packages.
- Ensure the implementation of the design verification plan in the assigned subsea controls package.
- Participate in HAZOPs, LOPA, and other project design assurance activities as requested.
- Provide technical support during the execution of equipment FAT, FIT and SIT Testing.
- Ensure engineering performance of the SPS Supplier whilst ensuring quality is achieved without compromises to safety or performance.
- Provide engineering and delivery progress reports to project and functional leaders.
- Enter learning into BP Shared Learning System.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- At least 15 years of experience in engineering and delivery of subsea controls and/or automation engineering, project management or operations.
- Knowledge of control system interfaces with other SPS disciplines such as well completions, subsea systems and topsides.
- Knowledge of concepts and systems for subsea developments, together with a familiarity of the challenges of subsea environments.
- Experience in commissioning and starting up subsea systems.
- Certified Project Management Professional.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform duties with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing project teams and contractors.
- Strong teamwork skills with experience in working with engineers and multi-discipline team.
Up to 25% travel will be required. The role reports to the GSS North Sea Project Manager who in turn reports to the GSS PM for North Sea and Azerbaijan.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.