- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Engineering
- Location: Kilsyth
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: 114502
Contractor's Engineering Manager - Kilsyth, Glasgow.
DescriptionThe Renewals and Enhancements Framework (CP6) requires a Contractor's Engineering Manager to manage engineering activities on the framework in Scotland.
Across the framework the designs will include: underbridge / overbridge strengthening, repair, and replacement; level crossing upgrades / replacements; scour protection and coastal defences; station refurbishment; Enhancements projects such as new stations; Ancillary Civils for other disciplines.
You will be accountable for ensuring that designs are coordinated with interfacing designs, and have been prepared in accordance with client's requirements and applicable codes and standards. You will also be accountable for the Engineering Assurance of the construction works.
The role will be located in the regional head office in Kilsyth, with regular travel required for meeting attendance in the Glasgow area, and site meetings around Scotland.
Your key activities will include:
- Participation in startup meetings and design reviews.
- Checking design documentation, and approval of designs for: issue to Network Rail; Procurement; Construction.
- Reviewing and approving ‘Safe by Design' checklists, Inter-Disciplinary Check Certificates, and section 1 of Engineering Compliance Certificates.
- Reviewing and managing all design related Requests For Information.
- Identifying any contract changes, and liaising with the Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager to manage them.
- Accountability for ensuring that designs comply with all applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications.
- Appointing and overseeing Contractor's Responsible Engineers (both Design and Construction).
- Liaison with the construction team on constructability aspects and lessons-learned.
- Engineering Assurance of construction works.
Job RequirementsYour qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Degree qualified.
- Previous appointment as CEM.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of design / design management / construction to inform process reviews.
- Awareness of design codes, specifications and standards relating to core construction activities and materials.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently when required.
- Familiarity with the rail environment preferred but not essential.
- PTS and CSCS certification preferred but not essential.
What do we offer?In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Company InformationBAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.