- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Falkirk
- £18,539 to £20,507 per annum, SJC - D
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: FLK05595
Do you have experience of providing care in a family or work setting?
If so, we want you to come and work with us. Working as a Personal Carer is a rewarding role, providing professional, essential support to help maintain people in their own homes.
What you need to have:
• excellent interpersonal skills
• a sound value base
• integrity and resilience
• commitment and reliability
• flexibility and enthusiasm
In return we will offer:
• induction and developmental training
• an hourly rate of £9.61 to £10.63
• paid holidays
• professional qualification (SVQ 2)
• pension scheme
• travel costs between visits are reimbursed within HMRC levels
• career progression opportunities
• staff benefits & discounts
The service has various working patterns and hours available across the Falkirk Council area.
The working patterns are 7 days over a 2 week period; 6 days over a 2 week period and 4 days over a 2 week period with every second weekend off.
There are a variety of shifts on offer as follows:
Breakfasts & Lunches 7am to 1.21pm
Breakfasts, Lunches & Teas 7am to 12.44pm / 1.19pm & 4pm to 6pm
Teas & Bed Downs 3pm to 9.50pm / 3.39pm to 11pm
Bed Downs Only 5.59pm to 11pm
Breakfasts, Lunches, Teas & Bed Downs 7am to 1.21pm, 4pm to 6pm & 7pm to 9.34pm
Working hours vary from 10.04 to 37 hours per week. Successful candidates will be allocated to work in specific localities within the council area e.g. West which includes the Larbert / Stenhousemuir area, however, it is a requirement to be able to travel across the Falkirk area and although not essential, it would be advantageous to be a driver and to have access to a car.
Registration with the Scottish Social Services Council within the first 6 months of working with Falkirk Council is a requirement of the post. You will also be required to achieve an SVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care within an agreed timescale if you have not already achieved this award.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be required to gain/maintain PVG scheme membership.
If you would like an informal chat or to find out further information on what being a Personal Carer means please contact Lana Ray on 01324 506070.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk