- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Aberdeen
- From £11.49 per hour, Pro-rata
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 94750
Be the friendly face our customers see when they visit one of our branches. If you’re a great communicator who loves working with people, this role will let you build great relationships in a face to face environment, while benefitting from our fantastic training and development.
Join us as a Customer Service - Senior Personal Banker in Aberdeen
- In this role, you’ll be integral to guiding and supporting our customers with all of their financial needs and goals
- You’ll proactively manage your own small customer portfolio to help them realise the full benefits of our service both assisted and digitally, as well as supporting them with their more complex financial needs such as home buying and protection
- We’ll support you to achieve the Professional Bankers Certificate and build on your existing skills with a full training and development programme
What you'll do
Customers will be at the very heart of your role and you’ll strive to provide outstanding service to our customers at every interaction.
You’ll provide outstanding service to our customers visiting our branches by:
- Building good relationships, understanding their needs and helping them make the right financial choices to meet their life goals
- Undertaking financial reviews and managing a small portfolio of customers
- Proactively recommending and promoting the benefits of alternative services to simplify and enhance their banking experience
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for people who are passionate, motivated, and driven to develop their career and meet branch and personal goals.
To be successful in this role, you’ll bring:
- The ability to thrive under pressure and show the determination to continuously improve service for our customers, while meeting your personal and branch goals
- The ability to build knowledge quickly regarding our products and services
- The willingness to learn about our credit and regulatory processes to give our customers the right options for their circumstances
- The ability to communicate engagingly with customers and build genuine relationships
- The determination and commitment to achieve customer satisfaction
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern. You also need to be prepared to move between local branches as required.
- Full time hours
- 12 Month fixed term contract
- Branch hours Monday - Sunday 08:00 - 20:00
- You’ll typically be working during the branches opening hours, including weekends, and your actual working hours will be discussed at your interview
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. Once established in the role with a proven ability to help customers meet their complex needs and educate them on making their banking more convenient, career opportunities will open up and we’ll be happy to support and guide you taking your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: Your salary will start from £20,925 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive minimum salary of £20,925 (which is £11.49 per hour) and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. (pro rata for hours worked) – you may be required to work bank holidays.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more .
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.