- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Construction and Project Management
- Location: Perth
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14623
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Environmental Advisor (10 month FTC) to join our Regional team to work across the A9 Dualling, Luncarty to Birnam.
Working on a section of the new A9 dualling project, this role requires an experienced environmental and sustainability specialist with previous experience in civil engineering projects. This is a full time, fixed duration contract with potential to move to a permanent role following completion of this project. While initially based on this project, the role will require additional travel to other offices and construction projects in Scotland as required so a willingness to travel is essential.
What you'll be doing
As a Project Environmental Advisor (10 month FTC), your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Ensuing compliance with environmental legislation during all construction activities
- Maintaining and collating waste and carbon records.
- Undertaking noise and vibration monitoring.
- Undertaking regular water quality monitoring and sampling.
- Regular liaison with key environmental stakeholders including SEPA, SNH and the Local Authority. This includes chairing a monthly environmental stakeholder meeting.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required:
- Understanding of current environmental legislation and best practice relating to construction projects - including waste management, pollution prevention and material sourcing.
- Familiarity with routine environmental inspections for construction projects
- Familiarity with the Controlled Activities (Scotland) Regulations.
- Experience with Waste Duty of Care requirements and documents
- Relevant degree
- Relevant experience in a similar role
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.