- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Construction and Project Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14633
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Environmental Advisor (6 months FTC) to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
What you'll be doing
As a Project Environmental Advisor(6 months FTC), your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Providing advice to construction teams regarding pollution prevention and environmental best practice this may be in the form of developing management plans, tool box talks or taking part in meetings
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation during all construction and demolition activities
- Maintaining a site waste management plan and collating the waste records for all waste movement offsite
- Undertaking noise and vibration monitoring if required
- Completion of embodied and operational carbon calculations
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
- An understanding of current environmental legislation and best practice relating to construction projects - including waste management, pollution prevention and material sourcing
- Familiarity with routine environmental inspections for construction projects
- A degree educated Environmental Specialist with extensive experience in Waste Duty of Care requirements and documentation
- Previous experience in construction and/or rail environment
- Ability to assist in problem solving for environmental and sustainability challenges and providing opportunities for environmental innovation
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.