- Location: PA41 7AA
- From £20,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Ian Wilson
The Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust have an exciting opportunity available for an Office Manager (35 hours per week) in our busy island office on Gigha.
The role will provide support to the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust in the efficient and professional management of the Trust office and business, including financial and administration responsibilities.
The role will also include working with colleagues to help manage and develop the IGHT property estate and support the Business Development Manager in the development of new income sources and facilities on the island.
We are looking for a capable and committed individual, used to working on their own initiative with high levels of confidentiality and discretion. You will have excellent administration and IT skills, be approachable, an excellent communicator and a team player. Similar experience within a community organisation would be desirable. Bookkeeping knowledge and numericalskills would be an advantage.
Apply to the email address provided by 12.00pm Wednesday 30th October 2019.
Please enclose with your application a copy of your CV and a (max 800) word statement as to the skills and experience you will bring to the role, and how you think Gigha could develop to become a better place to live, work and visit.
These are the core responsibilities for this role and is not an exhaustive list. The post holder will be required to undertake any other tasks as requested.
1. Provide an efficient administration and office management service to the Trust and its subsidiaries
2. Provide administration support to the Business Development Manager and Estates Manager.
3. Provide estate management and factoring support to the Estates Manager.
4. Establish and maintain an effective filing system that meets GDPR requirements for the Trust and its subsidiaries
5. Maintain the Trust’s member records in accordance with GDPR
6. Provide a basic book keepingservice, including receiving, scanning and inputting invoices and arranging payments, supporting the Trust’s Finance Manager.
7. Support the Finance Manager in the emigration of all financial data to new cloud basedsystems
8. Be responsible for cash management in the office under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
9. Manage the holiday, absence and sick reporting of all staff of the Trust and its subsidiaries
10. With the Finance Manager, manage the payroll for all staff of the Trust and its subsidiaries
11. Be responsible for office security, including acting as a key holderand dealing with out of hours office queries
12. Manage the GTL holiday cottages and moorings, which might include management of a franchise operation.
13. Answer timeously and politely visitor and guest queries and at all times present a friendly and warm welcome to the island.
14. With the Business Development Manager, undertake marketing, press and communications work for the Trust, its subsidiaries and the island of Gigha, including working with businesses on the island
15. With the Business Development Manager, manage the Trust website and prepare and send out the Trust monthly newsletter.
16. Support the Business Development Manager and Finance Manager in the setting up of financial and grant reporting systems for the delivery of externally funded projects.
17. Provide support to the Boards of the Trust and its subsidiaries including drafting agendas and arranging meetings.
18. Support the Directors of the Trust and its subsidiaries in arranging and attending meetings where required.
19. Deputise for the Business Development Manager, Finance Manager and Estates Manager in their absence.
Together with, and at all times:
• Positive engagement with the policies and procedures agreed by the Board
• Constructive and supportive interaction with all Trust employees and members and island residents
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.