- Contact: Chris Harding
- Reference: EK/SUP/Tain/1912
Store Supervisor applicants will be reliable with a professional and focused approach to store operations, leadership and development, taking direction from and supporting the Store and Store Assistant Managers in day-to-day operations.
The appointed Store Supervisor will be required to complete the Home Bargains Management Training Programme as part of their ongoing development. This is a 10 week programme which is completed in three parts:
- Four weeks training in store delivered by the Area Manager and Store Management Team. This involves various exercises and study.
- Two weeks training at our National Training Centre, Liverpool. This is delivered Monday – Friday over two consecutive weeks and is an opportunity to visit our Head Office as well as Home Bargains training stores and National Training Centre.
- Four weeks training in store delivered by the Area Manager. This will also include various exercises.
Accommodation at our National Training Centre
Accommodation is available onsite while attending the two week training at our National Training Centre.
Rooms are single occupancy and include a double bed, ensuite shower facilities and television.
Communal areas include kitchen and dining facilities as well as a lounge area.
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Strive towards the achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Monitor performance and absence
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of supervising a team of 5 or more
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
- £20,811 per annum plus up to £3,600 OTE
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% in store discount
- Access to social and sporting events