CAPITA are looking for a Field Radio Engineer (Installations and Maintenance) - To be based in Scotland.
LOCATION: Various: Main areas to cover are Scotland, Orkney and Shetland isles and Northern Ireland
You should have a working knowledge of: VHF/UHF Radio and associated equipment and ideally a Recognised climbing qualification would be an advantage as would VSAT knowledge and a basic knowledge of BT circuits PSTN.
- ONC in Electronics or Radio with a minimum of 3 years practical experience
- HNC in Electronics or Radio with a minimum of 1 year practical experience
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out fault repair on the paging network on a 24-hour basis.
- Ensure maximum reliability of the paging network.
- Ensure all site documentation of the network is kept up to date using database records (O/M)
- Receive training where necessary to ensure continuity of the maintenance function
- Prioritise the workload of your region, to meet operational directives.
- Provide fault control where necessary.
- Ensure fault response times are kept to a minimum
- Ensure all sites confirm to quality standards.
- Assist in the Planning of installation and commissioning of all equipment deployed in the network.
- Cover out of hours on call on a 1 in 4 rota
- Perform any other duties as directed by the manager
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.