- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £38,213.40 to £43,049.40 per annum, Grade 9 (SS35)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD03306
Do you want to be part of an exciting journey in East Dunbartonshire Council?
It’s a great time to join the Council’s Procurement Team and play an integral part in the delivery of our ambitious programme of investment and development across East Dunbartonshire. Our Technical Procurement Service delivers professional, specialist advice, leads our tendering and contracting activity and ensures best practice and best value is achieved across all procurement activity.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Technical Procurement Team Leader.
As one of two Technical Procurement Team Leaders, the successful candidate will jointly lead and manage a team in delivering a first class procurement service to the organisation. This is a key role in the delivery of our new build programmes across the area and our ambitious transformation and digital agendas as well as the day to day procurement requirements of the organisation.
Our competitive salary is enhanced with all the benefits of working for a public sector organisation, including a pension scheme, generous holidays, and flexible working approach, reflecting our commitment to supporting a positive work-life balance.
Applicants must be a full member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply or have an equivalent degree plus related work experience.
If you would like any further information regarding the above role please contact, Kirsty Chisholm, Procurement Manager (email@example.com).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Alison Calder, SMT Support Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will send you an electronic copy of the Application Pack.
Please note that the closing date for applications for these roles is Wednesday 20 November 2019 at 5.00pm.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite,friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.