- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £27,191 to £31,461.30 per annum, Grade 7 (SS35)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD03307
Do you want to be part of an exciting journey in East Dunbartonshire Council?
It’s a great time to join the Council’s Procurement Team and play an integral part in the delivery of our ambitious programme of investment and development across East Dunbartonshire.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to lead and manage the Procurement Support Team in the effective delivery and further development of our support service function. Our Procurement Team brings together the key core functions of technical procurement with accounts payable and service support.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the Procurement Support Team in the effective and efficient delivery of all aspects of our procurement support service. This includes accounts payable, transactional procurement, our electronic procure to pay system and the continuous review and improvement of our procurement support service.
Our competitive salary is enhanced with all the benefits of working for a public sector organisation, including a pension scheme, generous holidays, and flexible working approach, reflecting our commitment to supporting a positive work-life balance.
The individual required must hold a minimum of an HNC or have related work experience of leading a team.
If you would like any further information regarding the above roles please contact, Kirsty Chisholm, Procurement Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are interested in applying for these roles, please contact Alison Calder, SMT Support Assistant (email@example.com) who will send you an electronic copy of the Application Pack.
Please note that the closing date for applications for these roles is Wednesday 20 November 2019 at 5.00pm.PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite,friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.Website
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.