As a Shift Manager, you'll be responsible for the store when you're running a shift in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Store Manager. Supervising a team of Customer Assistants, ensuring store processes run like clockwork and keeping an eye on targets - it's a job that'll keep you on your toes. Hands-on and proactive, you'll be a natural at delegating tasks, boosting performance and satisfying customers. We'll give you all the responsibility you need to prove yourself as an adaptable leader - and plenty of challenges to keep your career growing too.
What will you do?
- Supervise your store in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Store Manager, taking responsibility for day-to-day operations
- Keep on top of inventory and stock volumes, manage cash and oversee the rota to ensure shifts run smoothly
- Lead and motivate your team, delegating as needed and solving problems swiftly
- Follow company processes to maintain your store's performance
- Keep everything tidy and clean, on the shop floor and behind the scenes
What will you need?
- Experience of leading a team to achieve targets in a fast paced environment
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and motivate a team
- A customer-focused manner, remaining level-headed in any situation
- Willingness to work as a key part of the store team, completing daily tasks on every shift
- A responsible approach to holding the store keys and managing the tills
What do we offer?
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a strong, fast-growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary,starting from £10.00 with the ability to earn up to £11.10 per hour (*dependant on experience), you'll get 30 days' holiday, a pension, discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.