• Starting Salary £17,931.66
• Generous Annual Leave
• Aberdeenshire Council offers a Flexible working environment
• 53 week Placement Opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for two Student placements to take part in the delivery & support of innovative and cutting edge ICT projects across a diverse selection of customers. You would gain valuable experience in project work and ICT support to prepare yourself for a lucrative career as an ICT Analyst for opportunities in the public and private sector employers after you graduate.
The successful candidate will provide technical skills, knowledge and support for the development and enhancement of the ICT infrastructure with particular regard to network and VOIP technology supporting the operation of the Council’s ICT business systems in a structured project delivery environment in accordance with ITIL framework principles.
They will undertake support in delivering our ongoing network improvement project and perform routine systems administration upgrades and installations (both hardware and software). They will configure and troubleshoot a range of network, hardware and VOIP telephony devices from multiple vendors such as Cisco, Aerohive and Avaya.
• Support the Senior Technical Support Analyst in reviewing critical areas of good practice, procedures and process to ensure infrastructure and business projects are delivered in line with the strategic aims of the Council, and that existing systems are maintained to the agreed Service Level Agreements.
• Maintain and develop a high level of technical competency and knowledge of the ICT environment
• Provide support and guidance to all areas of ICT and the business and provide quality checks and assurance through the operational hand over and review process
• Maintain high quality business records in relation to all areas of ITIL management, utilising and developing documentation, procedures and processes as required, demonstrating robust management standards
• Contribute to the development and investigation into new technology solutions for the benefit of the Council and the development of ICT procedures and processes in support of delivering solutions to the Council
• Good interpersonal skills - face to face, telephone, email and working with external agencies
• Good communication skills and able to work in a challenging customer focused environment
• Interest in IT, knowledge of VOIP and networking protocols – the council uses Cisco, Aerohive and Avaya hardware.
• Good organisational skills
• Willingness to travel to various offices across Aberdeenshire
• Awareness of formal service management frameworks (e.g. ITIL)
• Attention to detail
Research Topics for Interview
Prior to the interview, please do some research so that you will be able to describe:-
• Describe your troubleshooting process if a customer reports they are experiencing slow performance in a client/server based application at a remote office when the server is located at a central datacentre.
• The difference between an incident, service request and change request ticket as suggested by the ITIL service management framework.
If you want to discuss the placement then please contact Ian Crotty, Senior Technical Support Analyst 01467536069.
This post is regulated work with Children and/or Protected Adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Fixed Term for a period not exceeding 22 January 2021.
A Privacy Notice giving you information on the data we hold on you, what we do with that data, who we share your data with and your rights under GDPR is available here. Alternatively we can send a copy if you ask us to by emailing email@example.com.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.