- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Tour Operation, Visitor Services Management
- Location: Dull
- £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: donald riddell
Do you want to lead and drive the performance of an award winning attraction, which explores the breath taking Highland Perthshire scenery and beautiful Loch Tay?
This unique opportunity will offer you the chance to do just that!
Highland Safaris is an award winning visitor attraction in Scotland, which has been operating for 25 years. With a diverse range of products, this Visitor Attraction and activity tour business offers our guests the chance to explore breath-taking Highland Perthshire scenery on land rover safaris, inspiring walking and biking activities, and on beautiful Loch Tay with our newest product Loch Tay Safaris. Highland Safaris’ mission is “to meet, manage and to seek to exceed the expectations of all visitors as we share our passion for our Nature, Culture, History, and Landscape, creating memories to last a lifetime”. As well as being a 5* visitor experience Highland Safaris also boasts a Gold Standard Green Tourism credential.
Are you passionate about visitor experiences and delivering exceptional customer service? Do you have great commercial acumen, sales and marketing knowledge, operational experience and the ability to lead and motivate a team? If you do then we want to talk to you!
Here’s what we offer:
The opportunity to work at an influential level in an attraction which boasts a Gold Standard Green Tourism credential and VisitScotland 5 star status and an excellent salary package.
We’re a really nice bunch. We have ambition in abundance; we can guarantee new exciting developments and exposure to some very cool projects!
Here is what the Posoition involves.
Lead exemplary Health & Safety practices ensuring the Safety, at all times, of the team and our guests.
· Ensure outstanding levels of guest experience is delivered at all times via team engagement and brand integrity.
· Provide coaching, mentoring and support to managers and their teams, that enables the team to develop and improve their capabilities.
· Identify and use information to support and manage performance measured against the job role and strategic objectives (KPI’s).
· Continuously look to assess, improve, and achieve the business Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
· Define performance measurements to department managers.
· Continuously review the mix of activities on offer leading the creation, planning and delivery of new enhancements to the guest experience.
· Facilitate the appropriate implementation of the agreed segmentation model to deliver targeted business solutions.
· Take an active involvement in all aspects of the running of the attraction, including Duty Management cover as and when required.
· Contribute to the commercial development and presentation of the attraction ensuring exceptional guest experiences are delivered consistently.
· Ensure the recruitment of the site team is carried out in line with Highland Safaris recruitment procedures. Participate in team assessment activities as required.
· Ensure Emergency planning and Crisis Communication procedures are followed when appropriate.
· Actively encourage and deal with all guest feedback in a prompt, professional and thorough manner, and implement any appropriate changes to improve the level of service offered.
· Maximise revenue to the attraction by achieving or exceeding agreed budgets for Land Rover Safari’s, Loch Tay Safari’s, Events and other ancillary income.
· Monitor, review and control the use of resources to ensure expenditure is controlled within the budget throughout the year.
· Ensure all financial dealings, particularly in the ordering, selling of goods, cash handling and banking, meet the agreed standards as laid out within the Company’s finance policy.
· Provide reports to Line Managers/Directors as and when required, detailing current performance levels and identifying where improvements can be achieved.
· Produce an Annual Operating Business Plan focussed on growing the business via capital investment, growing visitor numbers and development of other commercial or guest enhancement opportunities
· Ensure that all “new” developments and business opportunities fit within the overall vision, strategy and brand values.
· Ensure all market research activities are undertaken and analysed as required;
· Ensure all licences, leases and access rights are in place with all relevant land owners and landlords protecting the future operation of the business.
· Develop links with local, regional and national agencies in order to influence decisions aimed to assist in bringing visitors to the attraction.
· Continually review standards through means of internal and external quality auditing and report upon shortfalls in presentation.
· Contribute towards meetings and future development of the attraction.
· Promote awareness of the offer generating growth and driving visitation.
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties or tasks may be required as specified from time to time in accordance with the job role
Want to join us?
If you do, please send us a copy of your CV and covering letter telling us why you should be our new General Manager·
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.