- Contact: Sarah Ralston
- Reference: IT Manager
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, an ability to work with staff at all levels and demonstrate a methodical approach to workload. They must be self-driven with an ability to prioritise and manage teams workload, working within an ITIL framework when required. This includes following change management and managing support tickets.
The role will primarily be based in Fort William, but will require occasional travel across Mowi Scotland sites which cover a wide geographical spread. Mowi Scotland sites cover hatcheries, freshwater farms, seawater farms, a feed factory, processing factories and offices.
The IT team is responsible for the local business unit Scotland, with a high focus on operational functions. A large proportion of the teams work is providing support and maintaining local systems and infrastructure. Mowi also operates a Corporate IT department who will recommend global standardisations that need to be followed. There is also a responsibility to drive improvement and upgrades of systems along with any global projects that are implemented in Scotland by Corporate IT. These projects will require involvement from the local IT manager and local resources.
The successful candidate will work closely with third party business partners who manage applications and infrastructure for Mowi. At times this role will involve travel, nationally and internationally. A degree of flexibility is required as covering an on-call service with a small team for out of hours and weekend support is necessary.
As many sites are in open seawater the candidate must be comfortable working over water, on barges and travelling via small boats. Suitable safety training will be provided.
Role and responsibilities
- Engage with management team, setting priorities and providing updates
- Drive implementation of technology to improve business services and security
- Manage ICT finances, budget and identify potential savings or areas requiring investment.
- Manage third parties providing local ICT services for Mowi
- Manage ICT team, supporting staff and setting targets and priorities for team
- Set goals, development and training plans for ICT team in line with business requirements
- Continuously look for new technology to improve business
- Manage local implementation projects
- Involvement in global implementation projects that effect Scotland
- Knowledge of a variety of network technology
- Knowledge of a variety of applications
- ICT security
- Virtualisation technology
- Microsoft Servers
- Microsoft Azure and Office365 products
- Aquaculture industry or food processing industry
- Finance or IT Audit involvement and requirements
- Managing a team
- VMware & Hyper-V
- Cisco; Ubiquiti; Meraki;
- SQL databases
- Project management
- Attractive salary, bonus and pension
- Occupational Health Support
- Training/development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website (link removed) by Friday 6th December 2019.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.