- Contact: Suzanne Ross
- Reference: HI0018135
Having opened our Dingwall office early 2018, we’re growing our team of lawyers in the region and currently have opportunities for Real Estate lawyers with commercial or rural property expertise. There are exciting opportunities for talented and ambitious lawyers to play a part in the growth of our Highlands practice. The existing client base and wider business sector provides numerous opportunities to become involved in high value and complex transactions involving all types of real estate. The right candidate will be provided with unrivalled support to develop skills and build their own and the firm’s profile within the real estate sector. We pride ourselves in providing flexible working arrangements and our colleagues enjoy agile and remote working to suit their personal circumstances.
Based in Dingwall
Reporting to: Graeme Leith, Partner
We are currently looking for candidates with a background in either the rural or commercial real estate sector, who have the ambition and passion to develop their skills and expertise in either or both sectors, all within a supportive and collegiate environment
The clients serviced from our Dingwall office have a diverse range of Real Estate interests and requirements, and operate throughout the Highlands and beyond. Many of our clients have significant rural interests and this presents an opportunity to be involved in further business growth across the Highlands. Our clients also have requirements for a broad range of expertise and advice within the full spectrum of commercial real estate work, including the sale and purchase of land and buildings, occupier and investor leasing, secured lending and development work.
The wider practice has over 100 colleagues working exclusively on real estate, who are available to provide support to those in our Dingwall team. We strive to be the most commercially aware legal advisors in Scotland, with dedicated teams of lawyers focusing on key sectors, we have a deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges relevant to the market. Our real estate practice is ranked tier one by legal industry guides, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners for real estate, planning and real estate litigation, and we have leading practitioners heading specialist teams focused on the real estate sector in litigation, corporate, tax, environmental and real estate finance. We are involved across all sectors of Scottish real estate, further cementing our position as market leaders in investment, development, retail, hotel and alternatives, and leisure.
The successful candidate will supervise junior members of the team when required and play a key role in business development activities to drive further growth for the practice area and firm as a whole, across the Highlands.
The role holders will have the opportunity to experience a wide range of work as follows:
· Purchase, sale, letting and funding of estates, farms, forestry and other rural land
· Purchase, sale, letting and funding of commercial real estate, including retail premises, office and industrial properties
· Ongoing management legal advice to estates of all sizes including advice on issues such as agricultural holdings and land reform alongside trustee conveyancing, plots sales and other conveyancing business
· Advising landowners and developers on development projects,including renewables projects, quarries and residential developments
· Completion of land registration projects for some of the most interesting and challenging titles in Scotland for some great clients.
· Some commercial and other contractual work related to land use and business structures
The role holders will be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times.
· We welcome applications from candidates from all property backgrounds, including rural, commercial, residential or any combination thereof.
· Enthusiasm for the real estate sector, passion for the role, quick thinking and commercial nous are essential. An established interest in the rural sector is welcomed, but not essential.
· Committed to highest level of client care and service – always go the extra mile for clients
· Works to understand the practice area’s key clients, the industry they operate in and the challenges they face
· Committed to taking personal responsibility to learn on the job and keep knowledge up to date
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Communicates clearly and concisely
· Adapts style of communication appropriately when dealing with colleagues and clients
· Research skills
· Takes responsibility of own transactions and advice
· Supervises the work of those less qualified
· Ability to deal with competing priorities and meet deadlines
· Shows understanding of clients’ needs, and tailors advice appropriately
Brodies LLP is the largest law firm headquartered in Scotland measured by income, directory rankings, and lawyer numbers. With more than 700 people working across Aberdeen, Dingwall, Edinburgh, and Glasgow, we combine the individual expertise of our colleagues, from all areas of our business, so that we can deliver Enlightened Thinking - new knowledge and new legal possibilities that are uniquely suited to each of our clients in Scotland, the UK and internationally.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your C.V. with a covering letter quoting reference BR853. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Suzanne Ross on 0131 656 0156.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.