- Location: Dunoon
- From £30,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Dava Sagenkahn
Salary Range : £30 to £35k per annum
Duration: Fixed Term 24 Months
• To demonstrate inspired leadership to paid staff and volunteers ensuring that the team works in a professional, welcoming and effective manner to reflect the community values the Hall represents.
• To work closely with the Board to implement the business plan and to deliver the strategic direction of the Trust whilst instilling confidence that the DBHT’s objectives will be met.
• To secure income generation for DBHT through (1) a structured fundraising and income-generating programme (2) event planning and delivery such as weddings, conferences and ticketed programmes (3) to develop sponsorship and legacy programmes.
• To represent the Hall and strengthen strategic external stakeholder relationships.
The post holder is expected to work with the Board to evolve this role into a permanent post if they are successful in growing the various income streams.
These are the core responsibilities for this role and is not an exhaustive list. The post holder will be required to undertake any other relevant tasks as requested.
• To lead the DBHT into a sustainable business using Board expertise where necessary.
• To lead by example and display a positive and can-do style to create and maintain the organisational environment that engenders success.
• To develop and agree an annual operating plan with the Board and provide clear and regular reporting on progress to the Board.
• To ensure all expenditure is within budget and oversee that accounts are accurate and up to date.
• To arrange for production of monthly management accounts and cashflow.
• To communicate with auditors regarding the timely production of year end accounts.
• To develop with the team and Board a diverse programme of activities including concerts, community events, weddings, and conferences to deliver income contained within the operational plan.
• To develop initiatives and manage project resources to prioritise DBHT effort that will contribute to the success of the business plan.
• To establish and deliver a multifaceted marketing plan to promote DBHT activities locally and nationally.
• To develop constructive and effective relationships with all stakeholders.
• To provide leadership and management to the Hall employees including but not limited to day-to-day management, performance management and training and development.
• To identify and pursue fundraising and grant opportunities.
• To ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
These are the skills, experience and qualification required to undertake the role
• Proven leadership experience of running a similar size organisation / venue
• Demonstratable track record of income generation in a similar business
• Experience of managing budgets up to £300k
• Experience of working with funders such as Big Lottery, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Creative Scotland and Heritage Lottery Fund
• Experience of financial management in particular creating cashflow forecasts, budgets and cash flow projections
• Proven people management experience
• Exceptional communication skills including listening skills
• Solution orientated, considered yet active in problem-solving
• Computer literate with office software, spreadsheets and databases
• Experience or knowledge of visual or performing arts
• Experience or knowledge of heritage or tourism
• Experience in areas of regeneration or social development
• Experience of community projects in town communities
• Experience / familiarity with volunteer management
• Experience / familiarity of intergenerational programmes
• Practical financial skills including basic management accounts (actual vs budget)
• Flexibility to work weekends and evenings with notice
• Able to travel
The post holder is expected to reside within a reasonable travelling distance of Dunoon.
Some weekend hours expected.
Post will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland Check.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.