- Sector: Media and Design
- Specialism: Graphic Design, Web Design
- Location: Inverness
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Robert Hawkes
- Reference: STRUT 1911
Job Opening: UI/UX Designer
Are you a whizz at finding the sweet spot between logic & magic? If so, then you are just what we are looking for.
We are on the lookout for a certain special someone who, when analysing data or carrying out user research (the logic), can clearly visualise a beautiful user interface where visitors journey through delightful user experiences (the magic) in a digital world.
We are coming to the end of what can only be described as an awesome 2019 for Strut. We have opened our doors to lots of exciting new projects and with great projects comes great responsibility.
Ok enough of the silly, over-the-top film quotes. We are serious (initiate composed face). We are on the lookout for a talented UI/UX Designer to join our growing team of ‘Strutters’ here in Inverness – one of the fastest growing and vibrant cities in Europe.
If this sounds like you, read on…
We genuinely love to fully understand our clients, so we are looking for a passionate design thinker who loves to look under the brand bonnet and build experiences that feel intuitive and delight the user.
The individual we are looking for will have a broad spectrum of experience, can work collaboratively with stakeholders, will have the ability effectively to analyse analytical data, carry out user research, make informed decisions that can be translated into designing low fidelity wireframes which will be evolved into high fidelity prototypes, carry out user testing and fine tune the user experience based on the learning and feedback from this process.
“In short, you will be obsessed with doing the right thing and doing it right!”
Fancy a wee change of scenery?
Ok we get it. Not everyone wants to live ‘up north’, or ‘beyond the wall’ – for all you GOT fans, but if you like the vibrant city life whilst only being a caber toss away from monsters, mountains, castles, ceilidhs, snow sports, outdoor activities, distilleries, battle fields, stunning scenery and much, much more, you might want to gather your pantones, close up your mac and grab the next Uber Highland Coo heading north and make your way to Strut HQ.
This is your big chance for a fresh start and to be part of a small but MIGHTY and fast-growing team.
· Location: This is a full time position based in Inverness
· Duration: To kick things off we offer an initial 6 month contract with extensions/permanent contract based on performance review
· Salary & Perks: Highly competitive salary (based on experience). Perks include flexible working arrangements, 28 days holiday per year, your birthday off, career progression, the great outdoors and the chance to form new friendships.
Sounds like me. How do I apply?
Simple, just send your CV and a covering email to us.
(STRICTLY NO AGENCIES)
Skills & Requirements:
· You must be able to WOW us with a portfolio of awesome examples of UI and UX
· You have a passion for creating beautiful UI and UX
· You are able to create experiences that delights users
· You are organised and able to analyse data and carry out user research
· You are able to collaborate with stakeholders effectively to mock up wireframes and prototypes
· You are an expert in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically XD (our preferred in-house design software), Sketch or similar
· You have skills in delivering standards compliant HTML5 & CSS3
· A good understanding of JS libraries, specifically jQuery and React
· Good knowledge of the factors influencing how to build fast web pages, and the techniques required to achieve this.
· An Eagle eye for design minutia & attention to detail
· Good communication & problem solving skills with both clients and team members
· Passion for keeping up with new technologies and maximising on industry trends
· Minimum 3 years industry experience, or woo us with your abilities!
Bonus points for:
· Experience implementing WordPress as a CMS
· Experience with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap
· Experience integrating third party systems (API’s etc)
· Appreciation of, or better still, experience of, implementing technical aspects of SEO and digital marketing campaigns.
· Experience using Atlassian Project Management tools, notably JIRA and Bitbucket
Doesn’t sound quite like me – but I have other skills!
It is ideally a UI/UX Designer we are looking for, BUT if you have “a very particular set of skills” and you think you could add value to our team then we may have a place for you. Get in touch!