- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: 3623
Do you like working in an active role? Do you love the great outdoors? Do you want to take control of your schedule and work flexibly?
Morrison Data Services is looking for self-motivated individuals who love working outdoors and living an active lifestyle to join an expanding team of Data Collection Agents working on behalf of many of the UK's leading energy suppliers. The role is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking, progressive organisation and really develop your career in the utilities industry.
As a Meter Reader you will be responsible for collecting data from gas and electricity meters, walking from property to property and providing excellent customer service on the way. You will use your own judgement to plan your route and decide when it is appropriate to call at certain properties, ensuring your own and customers' safety at all times. You will be an ambassador for the company, representing leading energy suppliers, therefore a professional image and courteous attitude will be required. Due to the customer facing nature of the role, excellent communication and customer service skills are essential in your success, along with the drive and motivation to work in an independent role.
The Ideal Candidate
We do not look for any particular experience but do require:
- A full UK driving licence
- Use of a vehicle with business insurance to complete the role
- Landline phone connection
- Competency in numeracy and literacy
- The ability to work to timescales and under pressure
- A flexible approach to tasks and working hours - availability to work 37 hours a week between Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 8am to 6pm
- Customer orientation
- Smart and friendly with a professional approach to work
- Inclined to strive for continuous improvement
The successful candidate will be offered a permanent contract with a base salary of £17,354. In addition we offer a bonus scheme based on achievable outcomes from the collection of data - the more meter's you read, the more of a bonus you receive! You will receive 20 days holiday + bank holidays each year, and the choice to join our company pension scheme after 12 months continuous service.
In order to be successful, you must be able to pass our screening and vetting standards, 5 years employment history & DBS assessment.