- Contact: Chris Harding
- Reference: CC/LS/Wellgate/1812
Lead Sales Assistant applicants will be reliable with a hands on approach to work and will enjoy the fast pace of retail, taking direction from and supporting store management in day-to-day tasks.
This role is ideal for applicants who have deputised for retail supervisory team members seeking additional retail operations responsibilities and begin their retail management career.
As part of their ongoing development the successful applicant will complete a 12 week in-store training programme.
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Till management including banking
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Contribute towards the achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead and motivate others with some experience of leading a team
- Deal effectively with customer issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of cash handling
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend an onsite interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
- £8.73 per hour
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% in store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
Available weekly contracted hours: 20