- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: glyhp
About this role
Our Funeral Arrangers deal with our clients at one of the most emotive times of their lives, and this requires a great deal of skill and empathy. The Funeral Arranger can be involved with the family from the very first call through to the day of the funeral and beyond.
The role of the Funeral Arranger requires not just flawless interpersonal skills but also confidence and knowledge of the options available to the client.
No previous training or qualification is required for this role, as Scotmid provides full and thorough training. All we ask is that you have a desire to learn and a passion for delivering exceptional client service.
We are proud of the Funeral Arrangers within our Society, many of whom are not just our employees but our ambassadors and highly respected within local communities and often requested by name by our clients.
The successful candidate will based at one of our Edinburgh offices and may be required to cover our offices a current full UK driving license and own transport are essential.
- To arrange funerals in a sensitive and dignified manner, following company guidelines.
- To assist in viewing of the deceased during office hours and out of hours if requested.
- To provide a professional service to the highest standard.
- To maintain good public relations with all people that come into contact with the funeral home.
- To undertake administration duties relating to the business also knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel would be an advantage.
Conditions of Service
•£10.33 per hour.
•Plus travel expenses when using own vehicle.
•A full UK driving license and own transport are essential.
•37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
•Full training will be given, with an initial 13 week training course.
•Uniform is supplied.
Please Note: A Disclosure Scotland basic disclosure will be required.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.