- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Surveyor - Quantity
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14131
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
- To provide sound commercial advice and recommendations to the Operations team to maximise profitability and minimise risk.
What you'll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Support forward costing to deliver accurate predictions of maximised margin
- Review of all scheme files to maximise recovery and prepare for measurement reviews by client and close schemes;
- Review 25% of reactive works and close all reactive works;
- Investigate areas to improve margins;
- Provide first analysis of monthly cost value data and produce summaries for operational review;
- Together with Budget Holder, compare performance against anticipated and investigate reasons for variances in cost and value;
- Report WIP, over measure or cost adjustments required to accurately represent performance;
- Prepare Budget Holders monthly Cost Value Report and support at reviews;
- Monitor measurement process to ensure all works are measured by period end;
- Acknowledge all Operating Instructions and ensure correct codings are applied;
- Participate in best practice reviews;
- Assist in the development of measurement engineers;
- Undertake site visits to review actual measurements;
- Attend client measurement reviews and audits;
- Participate in resolution of commercial issues;
- Carry out other tasks of a commercial nature as directed by the Managing QS.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Independent worker & determined to succeed;
- Analysis of Cost & Value reports;
- Identification and resolution of commercial issues;
- Competent Excel skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.