- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Senior Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14683
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Rail team to work in Glasgow.
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is an experienced QS who has a track record in managing all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. They seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Typically, they will be a Chartered Member of the RICS, ICES or CIOB. They will have experience of managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Orders information and systematically checks data
- Prepares Activity Schedules, Resource Schedules & analyses tender documents
- Critically appraises, estimates and negotiates the above with 3rd parties
- Reviews complex contract programmes such as Time-Location
- Monitors subcontract activities, measure and respond appropriately
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are essential:
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB (or working towards)
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.