- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK12924
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Oracle Middleware Specialist to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Eurocentral.
What you'll be doing
As an Oracle Middleware Specialist you will:
- Define the technical design (incorporating data, application, security and technology design) for one or more work packages;
- Be responsible for the technical delivery of all or a proportion of the overall solution, from detailed design through to implementation;
- Take business requirements and translate them into technical designs following standards and principles set by design and technology framework;
- Act as a reference point for technical queries within Middleware area and promote technical best practice;
- Quality assure third party deliverables against the existing design and technology frameworks;
- Act as an ambassador for IT Application Services (IT AS) - promoting the operation both within IT AS Operations and amongst customers.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Experience working with Oracle Technology, preferably in a SOA Architected environment;
- In-depth experience across at least one technical platform; preferably with exposure to several of these:
- - Oracle SOA Suite;
- - Oracle Service Bus;
- - Oracle Weblogic Server;
- - Oracle Web Center;
- - Oracle BPMN;
- In-depth experience of the following technologies:
- - Java;
- - BPEL;
- - XML/XSLT;
- - SOAP, REST, JSON;
- - Web Services;
- - SQL;
- Strong technical experience / understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture;
- In-depth knowledge of various application and middleware development methodologies and tool-sets;
- Understanding of Enterprise network topology including SSL;
- Able to design end to end solutions with strong Business Analysis/ Client communication skills;
- Must be able to translate requirements into technical specifications;
- Understand high-level functional and non-functional business requirements and assess impact on technical systems and teams for a given project;
- Produce top design and documentation and ensure approach is in line with technical architecture road-map, design standards / principles and applicable user interface standards;
- Must have very strong client facing / ability to engage diverse user population;
- Strong experience of working with third parties;
- Experience of identifying and embedding industry best practice into current ways of working;
- Focused on achieving results;
- Experience of managing ambiguity;
- Experience of managing suppliers e.g. work packages delivered to a high quality standard.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.