- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Construction and Project Management
- Location: Killin
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK13584
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business, Site based in Scotland, this role is for an opportunity in our growing Substations business.
- Ulitmately responsibility for overall profit and loss of a project whilst ensuring the highest standards of safety, sustainability, environmental and quality are implemented.
- To maintain a collaborative working environment which ensures client, internal and other stakeholders requirements are effectively managed and employees feel motivated and engaged to deliver.
- To support in the winning of a number of projects in accordance with the Power T&D Strategic Plan
What you'll be doing
As a Project Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Delivery of the Power T&D business strategy and objectives on your project(s) and outperform on key success measures
- Manage commercial and business risks to achieve targets
- Understand the relevant commercial terms and conditions for your project.
- Pro-actively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations
- Leadership of Zero Harm and drive for continuous improvement across SHEQ
- Collaborate relentlessly to ensure best opportunities for Power T&D are targeted and that the resources are utilised in the most efficient way on your project
- Show clear and visible leadership and display the right leadership behaviours
- Develop and support the your project team to be successful by talking positively, listening actively and encouraging constantly
- Compliance with Balfour Beatty Gated Business Life Cycle Successfully implement the Gated Business Lifecycle at every opportunity
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Proven experience at Project Management Level
- Experience of Management and Delivery of Substation schemes preferable.
- Strong People Management
- Proven track record in tendering and managing standard/major projects, including sub-contractors
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.