- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Machine and Plant Operative
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK14807
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an opportunity for a Highways Maintenance Operative to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
- To assist in the safe, effective and efficient delivery of operations on the Scottish Trunk Roads South-west unit.
What you'll be doing
As a Highways Maintenance Operative, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Winter maintenance operations including participating in a shift system and winter standby rota;
- Traffic management;
- Emergency response.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Class 1 or 2 LGV licence;
- Knowledge and awareness of health & safety procedures and standards;
- In receipt or working towards Driver CPC qualification.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.