- Location: Edinburgh
- From £8.93 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/207/53349
We currently have an opportunity for a Laundry Service Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Ensure that all laundry is managed as described by the Cleaning Manager and Site Specific instructions.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines and report any health and safety issues to the Cleaning Manager.
- Manage all the deliveries & collections for the laundry service.
- Ensure all dirty garments are collected from all areas.
- Make sure all clean garments are sufficiently stocked. Monitor and top up all consumables used by Packaging staff around the site, ensuring all areas are fully stocked.
- Organise storage areas. Keep areas clean and tidy.
- Correspond with the laundry supplier via email and telephone to arrange any changes to the garments.
- Provide support to the cleaning department when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Employee must be trained in operating the Dock Leveller for receipt of deliveries/collections.
Employee must have pallet truck training from Fisher Clinical Services in the event of transferring pallets with stock.
Employee will be paired up with a trained person on the laundry to understand the requirements.
Working in an on site laundry in a small community hospital. You will be responsible for the daily turn around of patients personal laundry and laundering of white linen goods. Experience in this field would be good but full training can be given. You would be working as a food service assistant for at least one day a week. Uniform is provided.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.