- Location: Edinburgh
- From £8.93 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/207/53343
We are currently looking to recruit a service focused general assistant to work within the on site catering team at a leading contract. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a General Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals and beverages to customers
- Ensuring cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- To clean equipment, utensils, crockery and glass throughout and after service
- Correct disposal of rubbish
- Cleaning / tidying of kitchen throughout and after service
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in a similar food service environment
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
- The ability to follow instructions
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.