- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 549896
About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Store Technician based in one of our stores in Bellshill. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Store Technician (or IST as we call them) is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely, in stores and offices. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the In Store Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance promptly and in a cost effective way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco stores and offices. Taking ownership of the reactive and proactive maintenance activity, the In Store Technician will identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Carrying out daily maintenance including but not limited to fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance.
- Building effective relationships with the store leadership teams, communicating clearly on tasks and managing expectations where necessary.
- Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLA’s.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work which needs to be escalated.
- Working closely with internal service teams and external contractors.
- Meeting the necessary legal and compliance standards.
- Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency.
- Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
- Working to maximise store profitability through following energy saving best practice and ensuring energy faults are reported/fixed.
You will need
- Maintenance and/or engineering experience
- Experience working in customer service
- Experience working remotely
- Good time management
- The ability to build relationships quickly
- Good communication skills
- An awareness of cost and budget controls
- Exposure to IT services e.g. Verisae
- An awareness of up to date Health and Safety measures
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
Ideal additional skills include:
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ NEBOSH
- Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast moving maintenance department
What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and inhouse technical specialists.
- 21 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.