- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: UK15076
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Operations Supervisor to join our Regional team to work in Dumfries.
- To supervise and manage all resources engaged in planned and reactive maintenance and elements of incident response and winter operations;
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all involved in operations;
- Ensuring the efficient execution of all operations in accordance with the requirements of the contract;
- Ensuring compliance with Scotland Transervs Management Systems.
What you'll be doing
As a Operations Supervisor you will:
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources to ensure delivery of operations to programme;
- Ensure Construction Phase Plans, method statements and risk assessments are appropriate and available for all planned works;
- Carry out on site visits to ensure that work is being carried out safely, to the required standards and to programme;
- Ensure accurate records of work carried out on daily allocation sheets and maintain accurate records and as built details;
- Participate in stand by and winter maintenance rotas.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- CITB 5 day SMSTS;
- Full UK Driving Licence;
- Experience of Highways Maintenance contracts;
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office liaison and interpersonal skills;
- Team management skills;
- Commercial Awareness;
- Basic programming ability;
- Excellent organisation and communications skills participation in emergency and winter service delivery rotas;
- Availability to work nights and weekends;
- Self-motivated and proactive in delivering solutions;
- Experience of performance monitoring;
- Detailed knowledge of operational techniques.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.