- Location: Addiewell
- £55,000 to £60,000 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP//54541
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for a Business Manager. This is a key role within the Senior Management Team at the establishment, and you will provide strong financial advice and support to the Director and wider management group. You will oversee the workload within the Finance department to ensure everything runs smoothly, provide meaningful analysis for the month end results.
- Contribute to Sodexo Justice Service and Sodexo policy and business development by leading and participating in projects, groups and meetings as appropriate.
- Oversight of core, periodic reporting and analysis – ranging from management accounts to trend analysis, from compliance to statutory reporting.
- Challenge and support the development of efficient and cost effective labour structures and operational reporting within the prison.
- Work closely with Procurement to maximise input pricing efficiencies without compromising operational service delivery.
- Promote the prison as a Quality of Life Services provider for the client.
- Operate as a positive Ambassador for Sodexo and Sodexo Justice Services.
- Set and maintain the strategic business direction of the prison in the context of the wider organisation whilst accounting for SJS and wider Sodexo variances and priorities.
- Contribute effectively to the Operational and Finance SMT’s agenda for business improvement.
- Action the agreed Business Plans on time and within budget to meet the needs of the business
- Identify, manage, control and review prison financial and contractual risks to, support and develop the management of Sodexo’s risk management framework and process.
- Develop your team to provide effective cover and create career development opportunities that would benefit individuals and Sodexo (succession planning etc).
- Use the contract change process to identify and resource new work.
- Engage effective communication, internally and externally to deliver your accountabilities and to promote SJS as provider of choice.
- Support and oversight of proactive management of health & safety at the prisons
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 5 years PQE.
- Strong reporting and organisation skills.
- Experience of multi-contract management
- Outstanding track record in influencing decision making within a Business and improving performance with substantial positive profit impact.
- Substantial analytical skills able to understand complex issues and advise and able to prioritise action plans to resolve
- Client (Customer) and / or Supplier contact evidenced by the ability to make and influence profitable decisions on behalf the business.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills for managing senior level relationships and difficult performance management conversations.
- Strong commercial acumen, willing and able to challenge accepted practices and processes.
- Able to demonstrate tangible delivered improvements in business performance.
- The ability to combine strategic and analytical perspectives with a pragmatic approach. Also the ability to keep focus on day-to-day performance whilst simultaneously working towards longer term goals.
£55,000 – £60,000
25 days holiday, bonus, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), pension scheme, and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.