- Sector: Retail
- Specialism: Sales Assistant
- Location: Holytown
- £9 to £10.10 per hour, Pro-rata
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: GB-051725
Our warehouse canteen is managed by our efficient and highly motivated catering team, who provide breakfast and lunch for the entire warehouse. Now we are looking for experienced Kitchen Assistants to prepare and cook healthy, balanced meals for our teams. Sourcing all ingredients from our on-site warehouse and engaging with our friendly team members on a daily basis, you will find this role both challenging and rewarding!
What will you do?
- Preparing and cooking breakfast and lunch for approx 100 people per meal slot, ensuring enough food is prepared for everyone
- Assisting with planning and organising meal schedules and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
- Managing food stock levels, while minimising waste
- Sourcing all meal ingredients from our onsite warehouse
- Maintaining food hygiene standards throughout the preparation process
- Reporting any health & safety issues
- Planning and organising meal timing and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
What will you need?
- Experience working as a cook/within a kitchen environment essential, we are also happy to provide additional training and support where needed
- Extremely well organised with excellent multitasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible with working shifts, including weekends
- Excellent time management skills
- A confident clear communicator with a good standard of written English, able to follow instructions precisely
- Proactive and able to highlight problems/issues in a timely manner
- Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety & Hygiene in Catering is desirable however we are happy to support your training
What do we offer?
- Starting from £9.00 with the ability to earn up to £10.10 per hour (*dependent on experience)
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.