- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Operations
- Location: Glasgow
- From £25,200 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 037405
Business Unit: Information Security
Location: Clydebank, Glasgow - 5 Minutes walk from Singer train station, and free on site parking.
Basic Salary: In the region of £25,200 DOE + Shift allowance of 30%
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Virgin Money has grown, and we’ve got big plans for the future. We’re on an exciting journey as we bring our brands together. It’s a fun and fast-paced place to be, and we want you to help take us to the next level.
We are looking for a SOC Technician to be based in our Glasgow Clydebank offices, an individual with high integrity and drive who has a real passion for Information Security. Likely to be an experienced Information Security or SOC professional, educated to degree standard or holding a current relevant qualifications or having related experience within a Security Operations Centre.
The role is a shift role working shifts on a 24x7 basis which attracts a shift premium.
The SOC Analyst role is about…
- 24 x 7 monitoring of our networks and systems against threats or malicious attacks
- Operation and continuous improvement of the SIEM and analysis toolsets to incorporate advanced techniques, countermeasures and trends identified through own knowledge and research
- Providing response capability against threats, vulnerabilities and real-time incidents on our networks
- Developing and maintaining awareness of new security technologies, legislation, standards, new security risks and vulnerabilities
- Managing own workload, ensuring work is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
- Leading and supporting the resolution of assigned actions.
- Supporting live service through proactive identification of risk, swift resolution of live issues and proposing appropriate fixes/improvements for future
- Collaborating with internal and external parties in order to provide excellent customer service
- Improving our processes through process automation, innovation and continuous improvement.
To be brilliant you will bring and be...
- Degree educated in Cyber Security or an IT discipline, or have equivalent experience in an SOC environment
- Knowledge of the IT environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good combination of technical knowledge and technical aptitude
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgements under stress;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, relationship skills, and written/verbal communications skills; ability to motivate and influence others, and to negotiate and build consensus
We would love you to have…
- A positive “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical expertise and decision-making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for team deliverables
- Experience of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Data analysis experience and skills
- An understanding of the Financial Services regulated environment within the UK and the requirements of Information Security within it
- Practical experience of Information Security frameworks and knowledge of Data Security & Privacy, Network Security, Access Control, Security Incident Management
What you will get Red Hot Rewards...
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
Points to note: If we offer you the job and you accept, you will be required to pass a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
Inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong, and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.