- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 550610
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Every part of Tesco Mobile puts our 5 million customers first – our tariffs, our shops and our award-winning Customer Care. We’ve teamed up with O2, giving our savvy customers 99% coverage. In our stores, our colleagues aren’t on commission. It’s all about finding our customers the perfect phone and tariff
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- You will support with people routines, such as wages, reviews, sickness and absence meetings and performance management
- You will support with the recruiting and training of all colleagues, including reviewing applications and organising interviews
- You will understand the teams development needs and support your Team Manager to grow colleague capability, through on the job coaching
- You will engage the team to deliver the best availability for customers throughout the day, and coach the team to focus on the customer first and the task second
- You will deliver a great shopping trip for customers everyday, ensuring the team work effectively as per the operating model
- You will role model great standards of dress and ensure my department cleanliness standards are high
- You will consider safety in all you do, so every colleague and every customer get home safe every day, and keep the Store Manager and Team Manager informed of any issues that may arise
- You will organise the Phone Shop rota to cover all necessary shifts, in line with costs signed off by my Team Manager
- You will work with the business to grow sales, and support the team to achieve our Tesco Mobile targets
You will need
You’ll be someone with great industry knowledge, communication skills and who works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to give our customers great service.
We’ll be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:
- Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride
- Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
- Make decisions that are right for our customers
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
- Always be there, on time and properly presented.
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
What’s in it for you
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco and 25% discount at Tesco Cafe.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It’s part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we’re proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, and a vast variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.