- Contact: Amy Hughes
- Reference: CRS22096
Customer Assistant – Customer Team Member
Location: Trinity Road, Brechin, DD9 6BL
Pay: £8.38 per hour & amazing benefits
Contract: 24 hours per week + regular overtime, permanent, part time
No experience needed as full training given
Working pattern: varied shifts including early mornings (store opening), afternoons, late evenings (store closing) and weekends, to be discussed at interview
As a Co-op customer assistant, you’ll be part of a business that’s truly different. We’re owned by our members. We’re passionate about shaping the world by putting our values into practice. And our store teams do an amazing job of being there for the community and supporting local good causes. It’s not just talk. It’s what we do.
What you’ll do as a Customer Assistant
There’s lots involved in being a Co-op customer assistant. The pace is always fast, with different duties to take on through your shift. Here are some of the key tasks:
• providing friendly, considerate customer service (and really getting to know customers)
• preparing and presenting our products, including from the bakery
• keeping the store well stocked and looking good
• thinking on your feet if there’s an issue or problem to solve
• promoting Co-op membership, and the local projects we support
Who can be a Customer Assistant at Co-op?
We’re not looking for any specific experience or qualifications – we provide full training. It’s your personality, skills, motivation and values that matter. You’ll need to show us:
• a real passion for customer service
• great communication and listening skills
• the ability to work well in a team, and achieve team and individual goals
• an enthusiastic approach and willingness to support your colleagues when the store gets busier
• the flexibility to work a range of shifts to support the opening times of the store
Teamwork is a big part of the job. You’ll be working alongside and learning from some brilliant colleagues. As your experience grows, you can take more responsibility on and receive plenty of opportunities to develop your career. We also offer a rewards package that stand out, including:
• a competitive pay rate (with an increase after 6 months)
• premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm (and on Boxing Day/Good Friday/Easter Sunday)
• flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities. We provide rotas to your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance. So, you have time to plan around your shifts
• 10% discounts on all food products, including 20% on own brand at payday weekend
• discounts on other Co-op products and services
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. We want to create an inclusive environment, where we can all celebrate our differences, contribute our best work and develop to our full potential.
Our stores are open when our customers need us, so we need candidates to be flexible of when they’re willing to work. At interview, we’ll ask you to provide additional times for when you can work during the week, we call this preferred availability.
As part of your application, you’ll need to complete a 20-minute online assessment.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.