- Contact: Elaine Cameron
We are currently looking to identify highly motivated individuals to undertake the role of Farm Technician to work at the Company’s Seawater sites at Caol Mor. The role is challenging, but ultimately very rewarding and can lead to a variety of fulfilling career opportunities. If you are ambitious and motivated and want to work with a likeminded team, then this is the role for you. These posts are offered on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidates will be required to work 40 hours per week, any 5 days out of 7.
About the Job:
The farm technician role is a crucial part of the operations process and ensures that the best management of our salmon is undertaken. We need our technicians to strive for continuous improvement and deliver on all aspects of farm work to keep the team on track and performing well. The job includes, but it not limited to:
- Leading on feed, control and inspection of fish
- Site maintenance
- Inspection and maintenance of equipment and facilities around the farm
- Identification of, and reporting of sea lice levels
- Monitoring and maintaining fish health and welfare
- Boat handling around the farm
- General farm tasks to keep the whole operation running
The ideal candidate will have an interest in the aquaculture industry and be willing to learn. They will be willing to expand their understanding and work hard on the job.
- Experience is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided
- Flexible approach to working to meet the demands of the job
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to understand the aims of the site and to support the rest of the team to achieve these
- Respect for the need for safe working practices
- Drivers licence is essential. No driving licence? Don’t worry, we can help with the cost of lessons
What does Mowi Offer?
In return for your effort, you will be part of the team in a constantly expanding industry.
- An attractive salary, with pension plan and bonus scheme
- Structured training plan with a range of development opportunities
- Occupational health support
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website (link removed) by Friday 14th February 2020.