- Contact: Elaine Cameron
We are currently looking to employ Deckhands for one of our work vessels. The vessel will provide a valuable service to the Company’s seawater sites in the Caol Mor area in Skye. Please note there is no accommodation onboard and the successful candidate will be required to travel to Skye to join the vessel each day. We expect to fill these positions from 1st May 2020.
This post is offered on a permanent basis and the successful candidate would be required to work on a shift pattern of two weeks on / two weeks off.
About the Job:
The role is a crucial part of the operations process and ensures that the best management of our salmon is undertaken. We need our Deckhands to strive for continuous improvement and deliver on all aspects of farm work to keep the team on track and performing well. The job includes, but it not limited to:
- Maintaining the vessel to a high standard
- Inspection and maintenance of equipment and facilities around the farm
- Monitoring and maintaining fish health, welfare and bio-security.
- Boat handling around the farm
- General farm tasks to keep the whole operation running
The ideal candidate will have an interest in the aquaculture industry and be willing to learn. They will be willing to expand their understanding and work hard on the job.
- STCW certification is advantageous
- Experience is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided
- Flexible approach to working to meet the demands of the job
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to understand the aims of the site and to support the rest of the team to achieve these
- Respect for the need for safe working practices
- Drivers licence is essential. No driving licence? Don’t worry, we can help with the cost of lessons
What does Mowi Offer?
In return for your effort, you will be part of the team in a constantly expanding industry.
- An attractive salary, with pension plan and bonus scheme
- Structured training plan with a range of development opportunities
- Occupational health support
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website (link removed) by Friday 14th February 2020.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.