- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: R-00102982
Join us as a Data Engineer
- This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise to collaborate with colleagues and build effortless, digital first customer experiences
- You’ll be simplifying the organisation through the development of innovative data driven solutions, inspiring to be commercially successful through insight and keeping our customers, and the bank safe and secure
- Participating actively in the data engineering community, you’ll deliver opportunities to support the organisation’s strategic direction while building your network across the bank
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to drive value for the customer through modelling, sourcing and data transformation, by demonstrating systematic risk culture and behaviours consistent with a risk culture where risk is simply part of the way we work and think. You’ll also deliver automation of data engineering pipelines through the removal of manual stages.
We’ll also expect you to be:
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the organisations data structures and metrics, advocating change where needed for product development
- Educating and embedding new data techniques into the business through role modelling, training and experiment design oversight
- Delivering data engineering strategies to build a scalable data architecture and customer feature rich dataset for data scientists
- Driving Agile and DevOps adoption in the delivery of data engineering
- Developing solutions for streaming data ingestion and transformations in line with streaming strategy
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an intermediate level programmer and data engineer with a qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering. You’ll also need a strong understanding of data usage and dependencies with wider teams and the end customer, as well as a proven track record in extracting value and features from large scale data.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Working experience with ETL tools, including SAS and DI studio
- Knowledge of informatica, streamsets and aututosys
- Stakeholder engagement capabilities
- Experience of identifying solutions for data sourcing manipulation
- Some previous people management experience
- A good understanding of modern code development practices
- Good critical thinking and proven solving abilities
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the please and we’ll do everything we can to help.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.