Retail Store Assistant
Part time, Permanent, 13.5 hours per week - Sunday + one other day in the week
£8.21 per hour + excellent benefits
Closing date: Friday 28th March 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 5th of March
Please apply as soon as possible, we may close the role early if we receive a high number of applicants
Are you a motivated and passionate individual looking to make a difference? Are you a confident communicator with the willingness to take the lead and get stuck in. If so, we would love you to become one of our team.
We’re looking for a Store Assistant to help out in our Edinburgh Leith store on a Sunday and one other day during the week.
We have over 1700 members of staff working across our network of 600 shops, with the united goal of having 3 out of 4 survivors of cancer by 2034.
As the most successful retail chain in the charity sector, our stores raise more money for our cause than anyone else on the high street, last year bringing in £26.4 million pounds. To find out more about our retail teams click here
For the full job description and more about working with us click: here
- Taking responsibility of the shop on a Sunday, this will entail running the shop alone or alongside the volunteers
- Coming up with new ideas to help generate new income, with guidance from the Shop Manager.
- Using your customer service skills to make sure our customers/supporters feel appreciated
- Using your creativity to maintain a high standard of window displays
- Keeping on top of the management of donated goods and new stock
- A customer service background
- Ability to work well in a team with strong communication skills
- An understanding or an interest in fashion will be highly beneficial in this role
What are the perks…
- Opportunities to use your own creative freedom to produce exciting visual & design displays
- Developing your leadership and supervisory skills
- Gaining an understanding of retail operations and high street fashion
- Experience working in a diverse team of people
- Working in an environment where your development is actively encouraged
- 25 days annual leave a year (pro rata)
- Competitive pension scheme, season loan tickets, and deals at your favourite restaurants
***Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory basic DBS check.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.