Responsible for the delivery of planned, reactive and minor new work tasks as instructed and in line with legislative, contractual and Sodexo requirements.
- Undertake reactive and planned maintenance works activities including but not restricted to heating; hot water and ventilation to a wide range of buildings inc domestic, commercial and industrial.
- To be conversant with and able to carry out inspections in accordance with current regulations for work on domestic and commercial installations.
- To inspect, order materials and complete tasked works in a timely and efficient manner.
- To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access and to discuss works.
- Carry out and complete all works to a high standard and in a competent manner with the property being left in a clean and tidy condition.
- To liaise with other staff as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
- Must be qualified holding current appropriate certification for the position – Gas Safe registered.
- Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure that all works are carried out in a safe manner.
- To be part of the out of hours to provide on call standby as required.
- To undertake weekend/out of hours working, if required, to complete intrusive maintenance activities that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours.
- Supporting the Senior Engineer, Technical Engineer and Service Delivery Manager in technical queries or when a Business case is being prepared for submission to the client.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must hold very good levels of gas safety and have sufficient knowledge of the Gas Industry (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998.
- Must hold very good awareness of the HASAWA 1974 and their own legal obligations.
- Must hold very good awareness of British Standards, IGEM utilisation procedures and gas legislation.
- Qualified to commercial/domestic/catering ACS levels in the use of natural gas.
- Able to identify unsafe situations and apply the IGEM/G/11 Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure (Formerly TB001).
- Able to provide evidence of a proven track record within the commercial and domestic gas market i.e. examples of gas installation/commissioning/servicing/breakdowns of gas work undertaken.
- Able to communicate and work as part of a team and use own initiatives, knowledge, experience and professional judgment to act quickly in any emergency and to safely respond and make safe decisions regarding unsafe situations such as gas escapes.
- Must be able to demonstrate how to make the site safe should there be a loss of Network Gas pressure.
- Must be able to demonstrate how to safely re-commission the whole site after a shut down and a successful tightness test.
- Must be able to demonstrate how to undertake safe repairs to Network Gas branch pipes that may be leaking, corroded or contaminated with fluid such as water ingress which may be stopping the safe flow of gas.
- Should be able to demonstrate the differences of Network Gas Routine Operations (RO’s) and Non-Routine Operations (NRO) and ensure that all Network Gas Operations follow the correct process and procedure.
- A working knowledge/experience of plumbing.
- Current qualifications in gas trades for commercial and domestic applications.
- Current full UK Driving Licence.
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Numerate and computer literate (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Experience in mechanical fitting and associated maintenance skills.
- A good team player with a flexible approach in achieving the targets/work plans.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.