- Contact: Emma Robertson
We are currently looking to identify a Skipper to work at the Company’s Offshore Seawater site on the Isle of Rum.
The farm currently consists of 12 x 120m circular pens. The site is serviced by a 20m landing craft built in 2018 and provides full support to the farm by carrying out a variety of farming tasks.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Farm Manager / Assistant Farm Manager to provide an operational plan. This post is offered on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to work on a two week on/two week off rotational basis and due to weather disruptions, flexibility is essential.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the vessel to a high standard
- Assisting with sea lice/AGD treatments
- Net cleaning
- Inspection and maintenance of technical equipment and facilities
General farm tasks
- Appropriate certification to Skipper a 24m vessel
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Work flexibly to meet the demands of the job
- Drivers licence is essential. No driving licence? We can help you with the cost of lessons.
- Attractive salary, bonus and pension
- Accommodation available on the island whilst on shift
- Occupational Health Support
- Training/development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website (link removed) by Friday 27th March 2020.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.