About the role
A job where you are in the driving seat!
Your community needs you.
With the COVID-19 situation evolving every day, and unprecedented high demand, we urgently need to recruit extra temporary delivery drivers. Delivering groceries from our fulfilment centres or stores you’ll play a key role in helping our customers get what they need during this challenging time.
Various shifts available
You will be responsible for
- To serve your customer’s with a smile & take care of their deliveries as if they were your own
- Load your van where required and do regular checks to make sure it’s road worthy
- Represent the Tesco brand whilst on the UK roads.
- Drive safely, responsibly and within the law.
You will need
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable and reliable
- Able to adapt to working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Able to adhere to the UK Domestic Driving Rules
- Calm under pressure
- A full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6am or after 10pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com