- Contact: Amy Hughes
- Reference: CRM19140
£8.75 per hour plus benefits
Home based in Newburgh. You’ll need to live in or very close to this community to be eligible to apply
4 hours per week (16 hours per month). You’ll need to be flexible to work times that meet the needs of your community
We’re looking for member pioneers to join Co-op, in communities across the country. In this unique role you’ll be focused on bringing people together to make a difference in your community. That means talking to Co-op members, colleagues and community groups we support. By building relationships with and connecting these people you’ll be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects.
We plan to have a member pioneer dedicated to each of our communities and you’ll be a part of this ambitious plan for a better future. Everything you do will contribute to our community plan, making sure we make the biggest impact possible across the UK by increasing community co-operation. It’s an opportunity to make a visible difference where you live, supported by an organisation with nearly 70,000 colleagues and over 4.5 million members.
What you’ll do:
• develop an action plan to improve your community, which is focussed around the 3 pillars of Co-op’s community plan; health and wellbeing, endangered spaces and education and skills
• establish and run a local community forum, or make connections with one that already exists
• build a strong network locally using social media effectively, to help
• understand your community needs, keeping your ear to the ground
• be aware of events in your community which you could partner with to support your ambitious plans
• prioritise your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference
This role would suit someone who:
• has lots of enthusiasm with the ability to get things moving
• can inspire and motivate people through their communication style
• loves working with and connecting people
• can prioritise their time and remain focussed on a long term goal
• is confident using social media
• has good basic IT skills (ideally with experience using collaborative tools like the Google suite or Skype)
• is both committed and dedicated
• lives within or very close to the community you’ll support, detailed above
As a member pioneer you’ll have the chance to support local communities, making a visible difference by encouraging people to work together. As a Co-op colleague you’ll also receive a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including:
• 24 days holiday (rising to 30 with service)
• discounts on all kinds of Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to the interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.