About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a time served Electro – Mechanical Service Technician to work with our existing in-house maintenance team. At Tesco, our distribution centres, stores and offices could not function without the support of our Maintenance Team. The Service Technicians deliver statutory requirements, proactive planned and reactive maintenance to minimise equipment breakdown. Following the Tesco Maintenance operating model in a prompt and cost-effective way to minimised impact on the business.
Ensuring the business can continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
You will be responsible for
Completing planned preventative maintenance, and reactive maintenance on equipment such as, but not limited to;
- Powered and manual entrance gates
- Loading Bay equipment, inc Dock levellers, Scissor Lifts
- Manual / Powered Industrial Doors inc Roller, Shutter and Fire
- Dock shelters
- Communicating with the team and the wider business team
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Be a custodian of Health and Safety.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance.
- Highlighting opportunities to managers to complete tasks in more effective way.
You will need
- NVQ Level 2 Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of basic Risk Assessment processes and working safely.
- Experience working with Loading Bay / Hydraulic systems.
- Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Recognised Welding certification, equivalent to City & Guilds Level 2
- Experience working with Electrical and Electronic control systems operating powered equipment.
- Experience working with Safety systems on Powered and Lifting equipment.
- Experience working on pump systems e.g. submersible / pumping stations.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.