- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Compliance
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: R0063893
We want to attract and retain talented people, provide inclusive and engaging employment and help our people to achieve their aspirations.
Job TitleRisk & Compliance Funds & Distribution Consultant
Job Title: Risk & Compliance Funds & Distribution Consultant
Contract Type: Permanent
Department / Team: CRO EMEA
Business Unit / Division: Risk & Compliance
Reports to: Head of Distribution & Funds
Standard Life Aberdeen plc is one of the world’s largest investment companies, and we are built on a long standard culture of caring about the future and making a positive impact. Our purpose is to invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference – to the lives of customers, our employees and our shareholders.
Our aim is to build a special investment company, and create long-term meaningful relationships that help us share success together. We develop innovative products and services to meet the evolving needs of investors and savers. All of this is supported by people across the globe who work together to achieve success. Operating under the brand Aberdeen Standard Investments, the investment arm handles £577bn of assets (as of 30/6/19), making us the largest active manager in the UK and the second largest in Europe. We have a significant global presence and the scale and expertise to help clients meet their investment goals.
With a diverse client base and having grown and diversified ourselves over the years, we are in a strong position to offer clients a wide range of capabilities to suit differing client needs. We believe in the power of inclusivity and equal opportunity, supporting each other through team work. We believe in maintaining an inclusive culture that allows our people to be the best they can be.
What do we stand for? We want to make a positive impact in everything we do and our values guide how our business operates. Our values are to create connections, adapt and excel, and to deliver what matters. These ensure we are responsible and ambitious and look to the future with great promise.
Overview of role
We are looking for Compliance professional to join the Distribution & Funds team within our Risk & Compliance EMEA division. The team is comprised of 9 members and is a key Risk business partner to the Distribution Division, which includes Sales, Marketing, Client Services, Fund Governance, Conduct, RFP & Presentations and Investment Specialists.
Our team provides advice, assurance, challenge and support to drive risk accountability and awareness within business partner areas across Standard Life Aberdeen EMEA businesses.
In this Consultant (Associate) level role you will provide regulatory compliance and operational risk expertise across Distribution and Funds activities, as well as responsibilities including:
- Providing advisory support in relation to local Funds and Distribution related regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing and challenging regulatory, operational and strategic issues within Funds and Distribution activities in line with regulatory, operational and strategic expectations / requirements.
- Partnering with Fund/Product and Distribution Teams to understand strategic priorities and business plans, ensuring that the aligned R&C team provides proactive risk and compliance advice.
- Acting as the global point of co-ordination for Fund/Product and Distribution Teams aligned R&C roles, ensuring a consistent approach is delivered to global processes, where appropriate.
- Delivering and managing of a range of advisory activities conducted by the team, including for example:
- Advising the business on regulatory rule interpretation regarding UK and non-UK requirements.
- Representing R&C at internal boards and committees and external client meetings.
- Degree qualified or equivalent professional experience
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience in the provision of compliance and risk management advice, with a particular focus on Funds, Distribution, Sales and Marketing functions.
- Strong understanding of FCA regulations and associated EU Directives as they apply to an investment firm.
- In-depth knowledge of product development and distribution processes, related regulation and associated best practice.
- Practical experience of providing advice, oversight and challenge in risk management frameworks, implementation and key risk exposures.
- An ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise and effective manner.
- Good communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- A structured approach to management, task allocation and reporting.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.