- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: JR01519
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
- Trusted advisor and partner to client facing Talent & Learning colleagues, product line, operational and other technical stakeholders.
- Custodian of development frameworks and standards of professional development for all technical job families.
- Creates and disseminates best practice curriculum across the orgnanisation globally.
- Defines the required competencies and curriculum across technical job families to assure the development of skill and knowledge to the required level of competency to meet current and future needs.
- Custodian of competency assurance ensuring well maintained content and consistent application of capability assessments globally, enabling capability gaps to be identified and understood.
- Responsible for accelerating closure of critical capability gaps through availability of appropriate technical curriculum and course delivery.
- In collaboration with regional Talent & Learning partners, shares capability insights and effectively demand plans / schedules technical training delivery resources to meet business needs and to aid gap closure.
- Effective leadership and development of Technical Instructors, proactively building their capabilities to undertake delivery of training related to existing products, new products and technical / safety subject matter areas, ensuring we have the right level of competency to support planned deployments.
- Establishes and manages a network of part time instructors and learning champions ensuring appropriate regional coverage and a high standard of training delivery in line with business needs.
- Builds a pipeline of future full-time technical instructors through advancement of part time instructor network.
- Supports rotation of instructors in and out of the business.
- Leverages a network of subject matter experts globally to ensure curriculum content and delivery keeps pace with technical challenges and opportunities, enabling a forecast of curriculum / content needs.
- Ensures that a robust feedback loop into learning aids proactive lifecycle management and continuous improvement of technical training content / programmes.
- Continually evaluates the needs of the business and adjusts frameworks, delivery models and practices accordingly.
- Supports the testing, introduction and deployment of new training models, practices and technologies to reduce time to competency and ensure Aggreko keeps pace appropriately with external learning environment.
- Ensures timely handover and implementation of defined new product learning, including their integration to development frameworks, to aid seamless entry of new products to business as usual.
- Leads the implementation of global training framework agreements with external partners.
- Identifies appropriate global and local external vendors to support provision of external technical training. Manages third parties against service-level agreements to assure performance and delivery in line with Aggreko standards.
- Proactively reduces reliance on external training vendors where appropriate by building internal delivery capability through full and part time instructors.
- Works in close partnership with the Design Manager / Team and Technical Instructors on course development to ensure end product meets required standards and provides an engaging learning experience.
- Sets out clear schedules to review and update delivery models, curriculum and learning resources to ensure they remain fit for purpose.
- Maintains physical training asset inventory and ensures this meets current and future deployment needs. Uses good judgement in procuring / sources additional equipment.
- Builds excellent relationships with technical / operational leaders, external vendors and where appropriate customers.
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Experienced people leader
- 10+ years relevant experience in an adult technical learning environment
- Experienced in technical development strategies and activities
- Experience and competence in understanding and translating global regulatory requirements
- Prior experience in a technical / operational environment
- Delivery focused individual with the ability to work in a self-sufficient manner
- Strong planning, organizing and administrative skills
- Experience working in global matrix organizations
- Cross cultural work experience is essential
- Experienced at coaching and influencing
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to focus on business requirements, ensuring activity is of high value
- Thinks globally first and takes the needs of the wider organisation in to account in all decisions
- Ability to demonstrate presence and credibility within the organization and manage key stakeholders
- Customer focus with a drive to deliver exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to apply judgment to individual cases, make decisions and manage risks
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.