Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Flexible either London - Finsbury Dials or Chesterfield
Reporting to: Digital Workplace Lead
Closing Date: 3rd April 2020
We are looking for a Desktop Engineer who will be responsible for engaging, educating, enthusing and enabling business wide adoption of the extremely powerful toolset – Microsoft’s Modern Workplace – that Post Office has invested in.
You’ll will grow the Digital Stars network into an engaged change & adoption community enabling faster engagement of business change, technological developments and agile ways of working. You’ll collaborate with IT functions and working cross business areas to create and evolve on an ongoing basis the Digital Tooling approach for individual teams, ensuring alignment with current and future technology and their respective financial considerations.
We are looking for individuals who have a high level of literacy in MS Office 365 tools and their respective applications individually and intra-app functionality. You’ll have experienced (L2 / L3) engineering skills in a Microsoft enterprise user environment (AD, DHCP, etc). You’ll be passionate and have a strong interest in the future of work, behavioural change, technology and a modern workplace; complemented by a good understanding of the current market and trends.
Please read the below job description for further information – and apply by following the link above.
In an age of digital disruption, changing user expectations and financial uncertainty Post Office is striving to establish an engaging, collaborative and cost effective working environment. Our success is dependent on enabling more effective, efficient, productive teamworking and collaboration. Against this backdrop the overarching purpose of the Digital Workplace Engineer is to operationalize the Digital Workplace strategy.
To engage, educate, enthuse and enable business wide adoption of the extremely powerful toolset – Microsoft’s Modern Workplace – that Post Office has invested in.
With a passion for delivering through digitized ways of working, the Digital Workplace Engineer will bring to life the Digital Workplace strategy. As the subject matter expert, they will successfully transcend differing levels of knowledge and capability, build user confidence and competence to enable the successful adoption of collaboration tools, including capabilities within Microsoft Office 365 and others, to enable a workplace experience that empowers our colleagues and partners to work effectively.
- Assist the Digital Workplace Lead in developing the Post Office Digital Workplace vision, strategy and direction
- Acting as a lead SME on behalf of all colleagues/departments for Microsoft’s Modern Workplace platform (O365), meeting room and office technology
- Leveraging knowledge of IT productivity tools, end user devices and modern ways of working to bridge business technology developments with the people and culture strategy ensuring both are embedded and sustainable as Post Office transforms into a modern, digitally enabled workplace.
- Successfully collaborating with IT functions and working cross business areas to create and evolve on an ongoing basis the Digital Tooling approach for individual teams, ensuring alignment with current and future technology and their respective financial considerations.
- Working through partners to develop small apps, helping our business teams to digitize processes. Responsible for managing the budget and ensuring value for money.
- Actively coach, engage with and drive Modern Workplace adoption through the Post Office Network of digital stars
- Work with the Digital Workplace Lead to define and execute a plan to encourage / drive uptake and understanding of the Modern Workplace across the Post Office branch network
The role responsibilities include:
Strategic alignment to the business
- Demonstrating the benefits of the Digital Workplace to the senior management population & business leads by identifying areas from their strategic objectives that can be underpinned by the adoption of productivity tools to achieve objectives faster
- Grow the Digital Stars network into an engaged change & adoption community enabling faster engagement of business change, technological developments and agile ways of working.
- Create a coalition of ‘digital’ leaders, encouraging visible and active support, to role model the digitized ways of working in their own departments.
- Equip and empower ‘digital’ leaders to assist their colleagues and advocate the use of Office 365/productivity tools or devices.
- Design user group specific roadmaps for culture change, engagement and user adoption of Office 365/collaboration tools or other productivity software/hardware.
- Own the digital workplace delivery roadmap and ensure that it’s communicated and understood by all stakeholders in the organization
- Support the Digital Workplace Lead in defining and implementing incident and change queues to more accurately track engagement and material changes to the environment
Technology alignment and digitization
- Work with the technical/technology architecture teams to understand technology roadmaps for tools that can impact the Digital Workplace.
- Ensure that new digital workplace solutions are assessed versus organizations needs
- Ensure that the Post Office keeps pace with current trends surrounding Digital Workplace functions including Productivity, Collaboration, Mobility and End User Devices.
- Identify opportunities within departments for applications to digitize and automate the business.
- Support the Small Apps Developer in maintaining and prioritize a catalogue of opportunities for small app development
- Ensure engagements with 3rd party/offshore teams are positive and productive
- Provide support as required to security investigations and other activities which require O365 elevated access rights
- High level of literacy in MS Office 365 tools and their respective applications individually and intra-app functionality
- Content management & sharing, cloud compliance and security console expertise
- Experienced (L2 / L3) engineering skills in a Microsoft enterprise user environment (AD, DHCP, etc)
- Experience in Agile (scrum) development
- Collaboration technology including enterprise social toolsets
- Exeperience in managing and maintaining video conference / audio conference kit
- Passion for driving efficiency and effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, articulate challenges surrounding collaboration and demonstrate how the digital tools can address these.
- Proficiency to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and/or large-scale cross-group initiatives while having the ability to work independently and adhere to timelines and commitments in a dynamic environment.
- Be passionate and have a strong interest in the future of work, behavioral change, technology and a modern workplace; complemented by a good understanding of the current market and trends.
- Demonstrable experience of providing training including training needs analysis, content creation and delivery.
- Experienced in writing communication pieces appropriate for multi-channel communications delivery
The Post Office has thrived at the heart of high streets and local communities across the UK for over 370 years. As one of the country’s most trusted brands, we take our commitment to providing essential services to customers across the UK very seriously. We’re the UK’s largest retail network, as well as the largest financial services provider in the UK, with over 11,600 branches nationwide – more than all of the UK’s banks and building societies put together.
We know that the best way to provide a great service for customers is to evolve our business and adapt to their changing needs. That’s why we have a range of over 170 products and services, from personal financial services like banking, insurance, payments and travel money, to telecoms and, of course, mails. And we’re improving our online and in store experience for customers. We know that our customers never stop changing, so neither will we.
Securing the future Post Office’s future:
We are working hard to ensure that the next chapter of the Post Office’s history is a bright one. We are the current guardians of an iconic business and we want to hand over a thriving network of branches which can continue to provide essential products and services for our customers for many years to come. This is a uniquely exciting and challenging time for the Post Office – we’re shaping the future and creating a business we can all be proud of.
Working at the Post Office:
Post Office colleagues are the driving force behind our business. Whether they are in our branches or supporting from our offices, we are proud of the energy, commitment and customer focus our people all have in common.
All Post Office people are guided by our three values and behaviours:
- We care by always thinking customer
- We strive to make things ever better through honest challenge
- We commit to decisive deliver
The Post Office embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace and actively promote working without discrimination. We are also a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to interviewing disabled people who meet our minimum criteria for the job.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.